Thursday, August 1, 2019

Everything’s coming up Thrillhouse


And just like that, kablamm.

I didn’t make it out last night because of what has become the term ‘fridge fuckery’. Unfortunately the saga continues and it looks like we are still wrestling with a broken fridge, this being the second one in a row now. My frozen food has rot and had to be thrown out.. blah blah blah blah blah blah. Maybe by this evening things will be resolved. I went to the gym in lieu of the reading and was ignoring all the happy shiny pictures of all the people I love  and some haters) under the same roof having a good time. I think it’s what the kids call FOMO, right? Well I had ALL the FOMO while I was sweating and stretching and trying to erase away the disappointment. I had planned on a late evening with my dear friend Dillon, who I never see but by the time the gym, the fridge fuckery and the disappointment set in, I flaked out.  I mean, I messaged to say I couldn’t go, so it wasn’t really a flake.. but still. Dillon is a fascinating new friend I have made recently from the Avant group. He is talented, exciting, fashionable and very very sweet. I mean, he has the sweetest disposition that he couldn’t shake if he wanted to.. it just  IS what he IS. I also sense there is a great ball of energy inside of him that is just about to burst out.. his talent and instincts are boundless and I really love being around him. He is younger than I, about the age of my daughter I would reckon.. and I have some insecurity about that. I am almost 50 years old and I guess I feel my age more these days. He gives me the big PSHAW when I go on about these things.. and I believe him when he says it isn’t a big deal and I do think he really likes being around me so it’s a big thing, guys. I don’t have the best luck with friendships.. I think I got drunk one night and told him some things about all that mess and he just listened and told me he would never do those things to me..and I believe his sweet soul. I just wish I could muster up enough energy to see him more often. Weeknights take a lot out of me now. Honestly I just like to go home, smoke a bowl and watch the tube after I have a good dinner and workout. I have become so old and boring. But the weekends are something else.
What do you have planned for the weekend? Anything fun?  I’ve got some mischief simmering.
Oh so here are the kablamms!

Kablamm #1
I got invited to my first happy hour here at the office. I have been here now for 2 months and have finally broken the social bubble wide open. My at-work-bestie told me these guys are wild and raunchy so I feel like I am about to be truly at home. We go out tomorrow after work and I really can’t wait. I see this as an accomplishment for myself socially. I haven’t scared anyone off and that is a big thing. Yay! DRINKS!

Kablamm #2
I just got offered a HUGE gig for Halloween night! I have worked with this group before and as a poet have received so much good feedback and followers from the past events. It’s a big one this time.. really fucking huge. There are going to be several hundreds of people in attendance and I am so excited to try something new, but smoking hot. I have to call on some musician friends to see if they can work with me on this and my mind is churning with the possibilities. Will you save some time for me on October 31? I will be announcing all the details as soon as they become firmed up and official, but I can’t help teasing you all. It’s going to be HUGE I tells ya.

So just like that.. things happen. This morning I was glumly riding the bus to work thinking I screwed up everything by stepping down from the board, and isolating myself from events lately and that maybe people have forgotten about me. I love it when I am wrong. Now I can pull the pots off the backburners and turn up the heat.. It’s time to start bubbling, babies. The Bitch is Back.

Related image

1 comment:

  1. I just knew that things were going to turn in your favor. They say luck favors the prepared and I think you have been preparing for a while. I really hope this huge upcoming event can become your breakout party. It would be great to see you soar. Congrats on the breaking the social bubble at work as well, sometimes those kinds of can take a year before a newbie is accepted into the joyful bosom of co-workers. Cheers and good luck.

    ReplyDelete